Welcome to the Fairly Unbalanced Fair News Round-Up!
This feature will run daily during the Minnesota State Fair and feature the best of news articles, blogs, social media posts and more about the Fair from across the internet. Have an interesting item we missed? Send it to us at email@example.com
Here’s what the web has to say about the Fair today:
- KARE 11 has some talk of attendance, record crowds, and what the Fair has done to SPREAD THOSE CROWDS OUT all over the Fairgrounds to make things more comfortable as more and more people attend the Fair each year.
- Speaking of record attendances, through Saturday just short of 1.7 MILLION PEOPLE have attended this year’s Fair. Hitting the two million mark for the second year in a row is nearly inevitable, but will they re-break the total attendance record set last year? We won’t know for sure until Tuesday, but it’s looking very likely.
- Star Tribune photographer Alex Kormann blended old school with new school by taking photographs around the Fairgrounds using TINTYPE PHOTOGRAPHY technology from the 1800s. The result is a really cool effect that goes way beyond your standard Instagram filter.
- The Miracle of Birth Center is home to a ton of CUTE BABY ANIMALS and KSTP went behind the scenes to see how it operates.
- This incredible Twitter thread tracks a father and son’s quest to spend just TWENTY DOLLARS and have a great time at the Fair. Spoiler alert: it’s very doable!