Welcome to the Fairly Unbalanced Fair News Round-Up!
This feature will run daily during the Minnesota State Fair and feature the best of news articles, blogs, social media posts and more about the Fair from across the internet. Have an interesting item we missed? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what the web has to say about the Fair today:
- Is it too early to begin discussing the 2020 State Fair? Apparently not, as an exhibit for next year was announced, and it’s sure to be popular: an exhibit dedicated to MINNESOTA’S FAVORITE SON Prince, including a stage with performances.
- Speaking of musicians, the Star Tribune has a write-up about the Brandi Carlile GRANDSTAND SHOW last night, the record sixth sold out Grandstand show this year.
- And speaking of records, Friday’s attendance BROKE A RECORD for the 9th day of the Fair, and was the first weekday to pack in 200,000+ fairgoers! Are more record crowds in store for this weekend?
- The Pioneer Press brings us an article about FAMILIES THAT WORK at the Fair. So many vendors are run by families and handed down generation after generation, showing that the Fair truly is a tradition.
- GOPHERS. On the Giant Slide. Need we say more?