The Fair is half over! It’s hard to believe we’ve already had six full days of the Fair and we’re now entering the back half of the 12 best days of summer. If you haven’t made it out to the Fair yet, you’re running out of time. And if you’re running out of time, that means that’s all the more reason to use our helpful schedule highlight tips to make the most of your Fair experience!
Below is a selection of what we think is most worthy of checking out on Day Seven; for a full daily schedule, visit the Minnesota State Fair official site at http://www.mnstatefair.org:
- 10:45am, 12:00pm and 1:15pm: Natania and Ticket to Brasil (International Bazaar) — go to the vibrant International Bazaar stage for bossa nova and Brazilian jazz led by vocalist Natania that is sure to kick your day off with energy.
- 12:30pm and 5:00pm: Sean Emery (Family Fair Stage) — this one is great for the kids, though usually the biggest laughs come from the adults in the audience. Sean Emery is a State Fair legend, performing his juggling act at the Family Fair Stage for decades. I can personally attest, after watching dozens of performances and doing a whole lot of growing up in the meantime, Emery’s act has never lost its luster.
- 1:00pm: Trivia Mafia (Star Tribune Stage) — play a game of team trivia with questions pulled from the Star Tribune’s archives for fantastic prizes.
- 1:00pm: Bee Beard Demonstration (Agriculture-Horticulture Building) — watch as two brave volunteers are given a beard of over 10,000 honeybees, with a presentation by University of Minnesota apiary scientist Gary Reuter. Get those cameras ready!
- 3:15pm, 4:30pm and 5:45pm: Annie Mack Band (International Bazaar) — locally-based blues singer Annie Mack and her band look to keep the strong string of great music at the International Bazaar going with her powerful voice.
- 6:00pm: Llama Costume Competition (Compeer Arena) — this just might be the single best event that the Fair puts on each year, as llamas and their handlers dress up in themed costumes for a competition that seems to get crazier and more outlandish each and every year. Trust us when we say you do not want to miss this one.
- 6:00pm: Minnesota State Fair Amateur Talent Contest (Leinie Lodge Bandshell Stage) — watch as contestants in various age divisions compete for the opportunity to advance to the Talent Contest Finals, held Sunday, September 2nd in the Grandstand.
- 6:00pm: Tim Harmston (West End Market) — laughs will fill the air surrounding the Schilling Amphitheater as Minneapolis-based stand-up comedian Tim Harmston brings his act to the Fair stage.
- 9:15pm: Laser Encore’s Laser Hitz Show (Eco Experience) — lasers and music combine for a visual spectacle each night of the Fair, outside the Eco Experience building.